An furnace is a unit that may not require a lot of maintenance but it is crucial to replace or clean air filters on a regular basis to avoid mold, mildew, and common allergens through forced air systems. There are several types of air filters available in the market. Some of them are disposable which means you cannot clean them. Thanks to the technology, now washable air filters are also available and these are more common than ever. If you are one of those who use disposable filters, it is the perfect time to upgrade.
Why Should You Clean Your Air Filters?
- It will help you keep your indoor air clean and free of allergens, debris, and dust. This is vital if you have pets and kids in your home.
- Better efficiency. It will help you lower power bills. Filters with a lot of dust and debris make the system work harder.
- Increase the life span of the unit. The air filters with dust and debris are the most common reason which creates numerous issues with the system.
How To Clean The Air Filters
- Turn Off The Unit: Turn off your furnace before removing air filters. You are not letting unfiltered air circulate throughout your home while the filter is being cleaned.
- Remove The Filters: Open the unit with the help of a screwdriver and remove the filters. Some units have several vents, so, inspect the system carefully to remove all filters.
- Vacuum The Filters: With time, dust and debris buildup on the air filters. The first thing you have to do is take a vacuum to clean it and lift allergens. Always use a microfiber cloth to clean dust and debris along the frame.
- Wash The Filters: Wash them outdoor with your hose. Rinse them gently and let them dry outside. If the filters are too dirty, soak them for an hour, and after that rinse them with the hose.
- Reinstall The Filters: Once the filters are properly dry, check them for any sign of damage. If filters are in a good condition, install them back in the unit. Now enjoy fresh and clean air in your house.
Don’t wait until the last minute to clean your furnace filters. Get the filters cleaning service of Aire One Peel and enjoy a comfortable environment in your own house.