Did you hear that UV light can restrict and eliminate mold growth in air conditioning units? This is fortunately true that ultraviolet germicidal light in the AC coil works as a mold reduction strategy. In case you are allergic to mold, this light can turn out to be a boon for you.
Furnace plays a significant role in maintaining a warm and comfortable room temperature. The only thing you have to worry about your furnace is changing the filters to maintain clean and hygienic airflow. Filters need to be changed at periodic intervals, usually every 30 or 90 days.
Here is the basic guide to find out what is the right time for replacing your furnace filters:
- If you are an average user of a furnace, most likely the filters won’t work under pressure and you can change them every 90 days.
- In case, you are a frequent user of a furnace, it will likely work under pressure to keep your interiors warm and you’ll need to change the furnace filters every 30 days.
Other factors that decide the frequency of changing the furnace filters are:
- Dust – If your furnace is more prone to dust and debris, change the filters periodically.
- Allergies – If anyone in your family has allergies or breathing difficulty, get your filters replaced.
- Pets – In case, you have furry pets at home who shed a lot of hair, filters may get clogged.
Tips On How To Check or Replace Your Furnace Filter
Compared to all other heating and cooling appliances, furnace filters are easy to inspect, install, remove, and replace. Not only this, it is easy to check your filter that too within few minutes. Steps to follow include:
- First of all, switch off the furnace.
- Then, open it to take out the furnace filter.
- Pop in and align a new filter in the same position.
- Clean the filter using a vacuum and then wipe off with a wet cloth.
If your furnace consists of a non-removable plastic frame, most possibly it indicates that the existing filter is the permanent one and can only be cleaned not replaced. To get your furnace filters cleaned and replaced, rely on our team of HVAC professionals at Aire One Peel.
We help with regular cleanup, repair, and maintenance of furnaces of all brands and sizes. Get ready to keep the air in your interiors clean, call us now.