Chilly winter mornings are coming. It can be hard for any of us to take a cold shower after getting out from a warm bed. Even the thought of washing our hands with cold water on chilly days is enough to send shivers down our spines. The shivering body and chattering of teeth can only be stopped by a warm bath.
When it comes to buying a new water heater there are several things that should come to your mind.
- Capacity: It depends on how big the home is and more importantly, how many people are living in the home.
- The quality of the tank: Hard water can reduce the life of the heater. So, if you live in an area where hard water is coming every day, you may need to pay special attention to the tank and heating element material. Both the tank and heating element come in direct contact with water. You may look for corrosion-resistant tanks for long-lasting and efficient home appliances.
- Safety features: It does not matter which type of water heater you installed in the house, but the most important thing to keep in mind is safety. Check the safety valves which are used to relieve the pressure if the temperature gets too high. This can prevent the tank from blowing up if something goes wrong.
- Energy consumption: Having a hot water heater in the house should not increase electricity bills. Power consumption can depend on many other factors. The topmost factor is the use of hot water. The more water used means more power it will consume. It is a smart option to go with tanks which are coming with an energy star rating. This rating means the higher energy efficiency of the product.
- Installation area: The most important factor to consider is the space where you want to install a new water heater. Make sure there is a designated spot to fix it with easy connectivity to the faucet and also easily accessible for replacement and maintenance.
Water heaters are sensitive home appliances and must be maintained regularly. Whether you are thinking to buy a new water heater or repairing an old one, always carefully consider all the given factors. For any kind of specific advice, you can speak with our experts at Aire One Peel.